Experience Seal Bay like never before. This behind-the-scenes tour is guaranteed to make it onto bucket-lists everywhere and become a highlight of any trip to Kangaroo Island.
This is the first time our guests have been given such exclusive access to the research that is currently underway to help monitor the Australian sea lion. This tour is conducted by our experienced senior guides and can be customised to take place at either sunrise or sunset.
Guests will learn about the latest research being conducted, discover how the research equipment is used, learn methods of scanning sea lions and collect valuable data to enter into a scientific app that sends vital information straight to the South Australian Research & Development Institute (SARDI).
There will also be plenty of time to take photos and enjoy your exclusive access to the park.
Number of participants: Minimum 2, maximum 6 guests
Duration of Tour:1 hour & 45 minute tour
Please be at the Visitor Centre 15 minutes before tour commencement.
Inclusions: Hot beverage from our coffee machine and entry onto the boardwalk before or after the tour (depending on tour timings).
Considerations: This tour does involve a steep hill, approximately 40 stairs and walking on soft sand. Please discuss this with us if you think it could be problematic for anyone in your group.
How to secure your booking:
Bookings for this tour are essential, if you would like to book please contact one of our team on (08) 85534463 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the below information:
- Requested date of tour
- Number of people
- Australian contact number and/or email (please note reception is limited on the island).
- Pre-payment by credit card is required to secure your booking.
- Tour not available on Public Holidays.
- Tour is appropriate for people aged 16 years or above.
- Cancellations by a customer require a minimum of 5 days’ notice for a full refund. Cancellations shorter than this period will not be refunded. If a refund is authorised it will be processed within 28 days of tour date.
- Management reserve the right to cancel tours for safety reasons at any time. Cancellations may occur due to Total Fire Ban days, extreme weather or other conditions outside of the park’s control. You will be notified if this is to occur and will be invited to reschedule or refunded in full.
- This tour cannot be used in conjunction with a Kangaroo Island Parks Pass.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear based on weather forecasts.
- Please ensure you arrive at Seal Bay Visitor Centre with plenty of time to commence the tour (recommended 15 minutes before scheduled tour time). Sunrise tour requires guests to be at Seal Bay gates 15 minutes before tour commencement.
- The Department for Environment and Water will not be responsible for any injuries or damage suffered unless the injury or damage was a direct result of the Department for Environment and Water’s negligent act or omission.
- Participants must follow all instructions given by Seal Bay guides for safety and animal welfare reasons.
- It is an expectation that guests who book this tour have a moderate level of fitness.
PDF download available here.