National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia is building new experiences and facilities across the state including fossil and mountain-biking experiences, new multi-day walks, trails, roads, campgrounds, kayak launches and car parks.
Projects are happening in Adelaide, on the Fleurieu Peninsula, Kangaroo Island, Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula and in the Flinders Ranges and Outback.
Adelaide and surrounds
- New nature-based visitor experience at Cleland Wildlife Park
- Opening an adventure playground at Glenthorne National Park-Ityamaiitpinna Yarta
- Enhancing the Mount Lofty precinct
- Creating the new Aldinga Conservation Park
- Upgrading the Wild South Coast Way on the Heysen Trail
- Developing a new Hindmarsh Valley National Park
Flinders Ranges and Outback
- Unveiling a world-class fossil experience at Nilpena Ediacara National Park
- Upgrading the visitor experience at Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park
- Establishing a new national park at Worlds End Gorge
- Upgrading camping facilities at Mount Remarkable National Park
- Launching the new Epic Mountain Bike Trail
How you can get involved
National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia is committed to working in partnership with Traditional Owners, local and regional communities and community groups to bring these projects to life.
As projects progress there will also be opportunities for you to get involved and share your thoughts. Visit the project webpages listed above.
For more information or if you have any questions, please get in touch with us online.