The Murray River is an Australian icon. More than a hundred years ago, paddle steamers used to venture up and down the length of the river, transporting agricultural produce to and from riverside townships.
These days, you can enjoy the waters and surrounding wilderness by paddling your canoe through the serene backwaters or exploring the many walking trails that wind themselves through the parks. The abundant birdlife provides a perfect addition to the region’s tranquil setting.
Treasures like the Murray River National Park are fantastic camping spots for your holiday by the river.
Parks in this region:
- Brookfield Conservation Park
- Bullock Hill Conservation Park
- Chowilla Game Reserve
- Danggali Conservation Park and Wilderness Protection Area
- Karte Conservation Park
- Loch Luna and Moorook Game Reserves
- Maize Island Lagoon Conservation Park
- Marne Valley Conservation Park
- Morgan Conservation Park
- Murray River National Park
- Ngarkat Conservation Park
- Ngaut Ngaut Conservation Park
- Pooginook Conservation Park
- Ridley Conservation Park
- Swan Reach Conservation Park