Kinchina Conservation Park
Click the button below to view more information.
At 414 ha, Kinchina Conservation Park forms the largest area of native vegetation in the Monarto Crown Lands region.
The Rocky Gully creek meanders through the park to the north, with beautiful granite outcrops forming features which can be enjoyed from the Lavender Federation Trail. In the later parts of the year the area is blossoming with orchids, lilies and beautiful spring wildflowers. It is definitely worth a visit at this time! Patience might reward you with a sighting of several rare birds, including the diamond firetail, restless flycatcher or a hooded robin.
The protection of these species, which are in decline in the Mount Lofty Ranges, are amongst the reasons the park was proclaimed. The park also protects grassy woodland communities, a declining habitat across the Mount Lofty Ranges. There are populations of threatened plant species, such as Monarto mintbush (Prostanthera eurybioides) and Menzel’s wattle (Acaciamenzelii) in the park. In fact, this park is the only area where Menzel’s Wattle is formally protected, with over 4,000 plants in the park.
Maps on your mobile
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download the free Avenza Map app and have interactive national park maps on hand when you need them.
The app uses your device’s built-in GPS to plot your real-time location within the park onto a map. The app can be used without a network connection and without roaming charges. You can also measure area and distance, plot photos and drop placemark pins.
How to get it working on your device:
1. Download the Avenza Maps app from the app store (iOS/Android) whilst you are still in range (its free!).
2. Open up the app and click the shopping cart icon.
3. Click ‘Find’ and type the name of the national park or reserve you are looking for.
4. Click on the map you are after and install it (all our maps are free).
5. You will now find a list of your installed maps on the home page of the Avenza Maps app.
6. Use our maps through the Avenza Mapa app while in the park and never take a wrong turn again.