Maize Island Lagoon Conservation Park
Flood waters are now receding. However most of our wetlands and floodplains will remain flooded or inaccessible for some time. Therefore all campsites and access roads/tracks remain closed. Review full details for more information. Details
Click the button below to view more information.
Maize Island Conservation Park provides the ideal habitat for a variety of bird and reptile species and is also home to families of western grey kangaroos.
Enjoy camping on the banks of the Murray River and fish along the cliffs and river banks for dinner. Go for a morning walk, keeping an eye out for species of wrens, honeyeaters and birds of prey and see if you can capture them on camera.
Although there are many vehicle tracks throughout the park, driving off the main track that follows the river is not permitted. The park is accessible to 2WD vehicles, however some sections of the main track are sandy or can become slippery when wet.
Maps on your mobile
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download the free Avenza Map app and have interactive national park maps on hand when you need them.
The app uses your device’s built-in GPS to plot your real-time location within the park onto a map. The app can be used without a network connection and without roaming charges. You can also measure area and distance, plot photos and drop placemark pins.
How to get it working on your device:
1. Download the Avenza Maps app from the app store (iOS/Android) whilst you are still in range (its free!).
2. Open up the app and click the shopping cart icon.
3. Click ‘Find’ and type the name of the national park or reserve you are looking for.
4. Click on the map you are after and install it (all our maps are free).
5. You will now find a list of your installed maps on the home page of the Avenza Maps app.
6. Use our maps through the Avenza Mapa app while in the park and never take a wrong turn again.