Where last-minute Easter campsites are available in South Australia’s national parks
It’s almost Easter, and campgrounds in many of SA’s national parks are full. But here’s where you can still book.
Easter is a popular time to take a camping holiday in South Australia. Ideal weather with cool nights and sunny days makes it the perfect time to get away and connect with nature, and our picturesque national parks are the perfect place to do so.
If you’ve left your planning to the last minute, we’re here to help.
If you’re an Eyre Peninsula or River Murray local, or willing to travel to these regions, or if you have a 4WD, there are still many spots left.
Here’s where you can still book a spot.
- Chillunie Campground
- Kolay Hut Campground
- Mattera Campground
- Scrubby Peak Campground
- Waganny Campground
- Yandinga Campground
- Carcase Rock Campground (4WD)
- Engine Point Campground (4WD)
- Fisherman Point Campground
- Horse Rock Campground
- Lincoln Track Campground (4WD)
- Maclaren Point Campground (4WD)
- Richardsons Shack Campground
- Spalding Cove Campground (4WD)
- Woodcutters Beach Campground (4WD)
- Wisemans Shack Campground (4WD)
Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Arcoona Campground (4WD or high clearance 2WD)
- Grindells Hut Campground (4WD Only)
- Italowie Gap Campground
- Mainwater Well Campground (4WD Only)
- Weetootla Gorge Campground, Wiriti Urdla
Note: It’s a mandatory requirement to purchase a Desert Parks Pass if you are travelling east of Dalhousie Springs in Witjira National Park.
Note: ferry bookings to Kangaroo Island can sell out months before Easter, so Kangaroo Island parks might only be an option if you’re a local, you’ve already booked your ferry, or are happy to fly to the island.
Murray River, Lakes and Coorong
- 42 Mile Crossing Campground
- Beach Camping (Ocean Beach)
- Loop Road, Oystercatcher Campground
- Loop Road, Sandpiper Campground
- Mark Point Campground
- Tea Tree Crossing Campground
- Box Flat Campground
- Bucks Camp Campground
- Comet Bore Campground
- Coxs Windmill Campground
- Doggers Hut Campground
- Nanam Well Campground
- Pertendi Hut Campground
- Pine Hut Soak Campground
- The Gums Campground (4WD)
- The Pines Campground (4WD)
Campgrounds are booking fast, so book now to secure your campsite before it’s too late. (Note: availability at these campgrounds for Easter is correct as of 1 April, 2019).
Top tip: Campsites can be booked 12 months in advance, so if you’ve missed out this year you can always get hopping to book ahead for next Easter.
This story was originally posted in March 2018 and has been updated with current campsite availability.
(Main image courtesy of @austravelia, Instagram)
Log in to Disqus, Facebook, Twitter or Google to make a comment. If you would prefer not to log in you can still make a comment by selecting 'I'd rather post as a guest' after entering your name and email address.
This commenting service is powered by Disqus. Disqus is not affliated with the Department for Environment and Water