Camping trip essentials
You can stay for the night in South Australia’s national parks with hundreds of campsites available across the state.
Know where you want to go?
Camping in national parks 101
If you’re new to camping or just new to camping in a national park, check out our handy blogs to help get you on your way to your next holiday.
- Everything you need to know for your first camping trip in a national park
- Everything you need to know about cooking on a camping trip
- Your guide to packing for your next camping trip in SA’s national parks
- Camping in South Australia’s national parks: bookings, maps and mobile phone coverage
- Handy tips for collecting firewood
- 5 simple but tasty campfire cooking recipes
- 8 ways to stay safe while camping
- Camping dos and don’ts
Camping guides and more
If you ready to plan your trip away, these blogs might help you narrow down your destination. Just remember that before leaving home, you need to book camping and entry fees online or through one of our booking agents. Camp sites can be reserved up to 12 months in advance, so you can be certain your site will be waiting for you to arrive.
- 8 great national parks in SA to take your caravan
- 5 holiday adventures to enjoy along South Australia’s River Murray
- Your guide to South Australia’s coolest parks for camping in summer
- 5 top parks for stargazing in South Australia
- 5 perfect national parks for a winter escape in South Australia
- Your guide to camping at Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Your guide to camping at Onkaparinga River National Park