Yumbarra Conservation Park
Click the button below to view more information.
Yumbarra Conservation Park is named after the Yumbarra rock hole, one of many deep depressions weathered into the rocky outcrops that protrude from the landscape. After rain, these rock holes fill with water and provide an important water source for local wildlife.
The park has vast areas of rolling sand dunes and is an important conservation area for a number of rare and vanishing native species, including malleefowl and sand hill dunnarts. Kangaroos, southern hairy-nosed wombats and dingoes also inhabit the park. With rock holes creating wildlife congregation points and with uncrowded foliage, the park is an ideal birdwatching area.
In the north eastern corner of the park along Goog’s Track, lies Goog’s Lake, a popular tourist destination with clearly marked scenic camping grounds, monuments to Goog and Dinger Denton (who forged Goog’s Track) and a number of easy walking tracks.
- Yumbarra Conservation Park — Googs Lake — Lakeside (camp sites 1 and 2) Campground map
- Yumbarra Conservation Park — Googs Lake — Lakeside (camp sites 3 and 4) Campground map
- Yumbarra Conservation Park — Googs Lake — Callitris Campground map
- Yumbarra Conservation Park — Googs Lake — Casuarina Campground map
- Yumbarra Conservation Park — Googs Lake — Triodia Campground map
Maps on your mobile
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download the free Avenza Map app and have interactive national park maps on hand when you need them.
The app uses your device’s built-in GPS to plot your real-time location within the park onto a map. The app can be used without a network connection and without roaming charges. You can also measure area and distance, plot photos and drop placemark pins.
How to get it working on your device:
1. Download the Avenza Maps app from the app store (iOS/Android) whilst you are still in range (its free!).
2. Open up the app and click the shopping cart icon.
3. Click ‘Find’ and type the name of the national park or reserve you are looking for.
4. Click on the map you are after and install it (all our maps are free).
5. You will now find a list of your installed maps on the home page of the Avenza Maps app.
6. Use our maps through the Avenza Mapa app while in the park and never take a wrong turn again.