Care for the park you love
We are fortunate in South Australia to have so many beautiful national parks to bushwalk, ride, camp and stay in and it’s vital that we take good care of them.
When you visit parks leave no trace that you were there.
Help protect your national parks:
- Take your rubbish home with you. There are no bins in parks. When you take your rubbish home rangers and parks staff can spend more time on conservation and helping visitors.
- Camp only in designated areas.
- Respect marine sanctuaries, geological, cultural and heritage sites.
- Keep our wildlife wild – do not feed or disturb animals or remove native plants.
- Keep to defined tracks and walking trails.
- Be considerate of other park users.
- Clean up after your dog. If you’re in one of the 17 parks where dogs are permitted and your furry friend needs to use the bathroom, make sure you clean up after them and take the rubbish with you.
Thank you for treading lightly and respecting local culture to ensure future generations can enjoy these special places too.