Guided tours app
Be your own tour guide
Download our SA National Parks Guided Tours mobile app today:
Be your own tour guide in South Australia’s national parks with the help of local rangers, Traditional Owners and our interactive tour maps.
The SA National Parks Tours app brings you immersive, self-guided tours that reveal the best sights, experiences and local knowledge for select national parks and walking trails in South Australia.
Dive into fascinating audio stories narrated by Traditional Owners and park rangers, get to know local plants and animals through unique field guides, listen to and practice traditional language, and learn about the heritage of our state’s parks – including bringing history back to life through augmented reality!
Our interactive tour maps will get you to where you need to go – so grab your pack and let’s get exploring!
Parks now included
- Glenthorne National Park-Ityamaiitpinna Yarta
- Wild South Coast Way on the Heysen Trail (Deep Creek National Park, Newland Head Conservation Park and Ballaparudda Creek Recreation Park)
- Brachina Gorge, Corridor Through Time Trail (Flinders Ranges-Ikara National Park)
- Dhilba-Guuranda Innes National Park
- Fascinating stories
Get the inside scoop from a park ranger, or learn about the language and culture of Traditional Owners.
- Works offline
No data connection needed while taking a tour. Download your selected tour over WiFi or cellular data before arriving at the park.
- Plays automatically
The app knows where you are and the direction you are heading, and automatically plays content to help you explore what’s before you. Simply enable ‘Notifications’ and ‘Location Services’ on your device for this function.
- Go your own way
No scheduled tour times, no crowded groups, and no rush to move past stops that interest you. You have total freedom to skip ahead or linger – letting you explore your favourite park or trail your way.
- Many parks are outside of cellular data range. To ensure you can access content when you’re on park, be sure to download the tours you need within the SA National Parks Tours app before arriving.
- GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. You can easily opt out of the GPS tracking feature by selecting ‘Don’t allow’ when prompted, or opening ‘Location Services’ under ‘Settings’ on your device.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers are advised that content on this app may contain images and voices of people who have died.