Googs Track within the Yumbarra Conservation Park, Yellabinna Regional Reserve & Wilderness Protection Area, will be CLOSED from 6AM Monday 1 January until Midnight Thursday 29 February 2024. Details
Click the button below to view more information.
Experience the wilderness of sparsely vegetated red sand dunes that characterise Yellabinna Regional Reserve and Wilderness Protection Area.
The stark contrast of red sand and blue sky is a photographer’s delight, while the park also offers various tracks to explore by 4WD. Rare wildlife can also be found, including scarlet-chested parrots, major mitchell cockatoos, thorny devils, sand hill dunnarts and malleefowl.
Mt Finke (137 km north of Ceduna) is a predominant rocky outcrop, rising abruptly from the surrounding open shrublands and offering spectacular views (particularly at sunset) across the vast landscape.
Maps on your mobile
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download the free Avenza Map app and have interactive national park maps on hand when you need them.
The app uses your device’s built-in GPS to plot your real-time location within the park onto a map. The app can be used without a network connection and without roaming charges. You can also measure area and distance, plot photos and drop placemark pins.
How to get it working on your device:
1. Download the Avenza Maps app from the app store (iOS/Android) whilst you are still in range (its free!).
2. Open up the app and click the shopping cart icon.
3. Click ‘Find’ and type the name of the national park or reserve you are looking for.
4. Click on the map you are after and install it (all our maps are free).
5. You will now find a list of your installed maps on the home page of the Avenza Maps app.
6. Use our maps through the Avenza Mapa app while in the park and never take a wrong turn again.