Totness Recreation Park
Click the button below to view more information.
Popular for bushwalking and bird watching, this small park protects a unique patch of remnant vegetation including stringybark, blue gum and manna gum woodlands.
Surrounded by agricultural and industrial landscapes, it retains some previous reminders of its previous landuse, including an historic dam that was constructed in 1884 to supply water for steam locomotives travelling to and from Victor Harbor.
Maps on your mobile
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download the free Avenza Map app and have interactive national park maps on hand when you need them.
The app uses your device’s built-in GPS to plot your real-time location within the park onto a map. The app can be used without a network connection and without roaming charges. You can also measure area and distance, plot photos and drop placemark pins.
How to get it working on your device:
1. Download the Avenza Maps app from the app store (iOS/Android) whilst you are still in range (its free!).
2. Open up the app and click the shopping cart icon.
3. Click ‘Find’ and type the name of the national park or reserve you are looking for.
4. Click on the map you are after and install it (all our maps are free).
5. You will now find a list of your installed maps on the home page of the Avenza Maps app.
6. Use our maps through the Avenza Mapa app while in the park and never take a wrong turn again.