Little Dip Conservation Park
Duck Hunting season begins 30 minutes prior to sunrise on Saturday 18 March to 30 minutes after sunset on Sunday 25 June 2023. Please note that during this period you may hear firearms discharging whilst visiting the park. Details
Click the button below to view more information.
Little Dip Conservation Park conserves a number of small lakes found throughout the park. Each lake has its own unique character, ranging from the open, marshy and shallow Lake Eliza to the very salty Big Dip Lake, and the deep Fresh Water Lake.
The area features a ruggedly beautiful coastline including a large area of coastal sand dunes. The foreshore of Lake Eliza was home to the Boandik people some 10,000 years ago — large numbers of middens (shellfish remains) can still be seen in the park today.
The coastal scrub that gives way to thick groves of melaleuca, dense rushes and samphire flats surrounding the lakes is a haven for birdwatchers. The beaches provide good opportunities for beachcombing and surf fishing.
Access to the Upper South East Marine Park is also available from this park.
- Little Dip Conservation Park — Long Gully campground map
- Little Dip Conservation Park — Old Man Lake campground map
- Little Dip Conservation Park — Stony Rise campground map
- Little Dip Conservation Park — The Gums campground map
Maps on your mobile
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download the free Avenza Map app and have interactive national park maps on hand when you need them.
The app uses your device’s built-in GPS to plot your real-time location within the park onto a map. The app can be used without a network connection and without roaming charges. You can also measure area and distance, plot photos and drop placemark pins.
How to get it working on your device:
1. Download the Avenza Maps app from the app store (iOS/Android) whilst you are still in range (its free!).
2. Open up the app and click the shopping cart icon.
3. Click ‘Find’ and type the name of the national park or reserve you are looking for.
4. Click on the map you are after and install it (all our maps are free).
5. You will now find a list of your installed maps on the home page of the Avenza Maps app.
6. Use our maps through the Avenza Mapa app while in the park and never take a wrong turn again.