Beachport Conservation Park
Click the button below to view more information.
Beachport Conservation Park’s white sandy beaches and coastal flora are home to an array of birdlife, making it an ideal spot for birdwatching. Bring your binoculars for the chance to spy a pied oystercatcher, small waders on the beach, a white faced heron or pied cormorants on the reefs and rocky headlands.
Special features of the park include its weathered limestone cliffs and middens — the discarded remains of shellfish left by the Boandik people. The walking trail around Woolley Lake offers panoramic views of the ocean and neighbouring Lake George.
Afterwards, enjoy a picnic at Lake George or go sailing in the waters at Five Mile Drift.
Maps on your mobile
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download the free Avenza Map app and have interactive national park maps on hand when you need them.
The app uses your device’s built-in GPS to plot your real-time location within the park onto a map. The app can be used without a network connection and without roaming charges. You can also measure area and distance, plot photos and drop placemark pins.
How to get it working on your device:
1. Download the Avenza Maps app from the app store (iOS/Android) whilst you are still in range (its free!).
2. Open up the app and click the shopping cart icon.
3. Click ‘Find’ and type the name of the national park or reserve you are looking for.
4. Click on the map you are after and install it (all our maps are free).
5. You will now find a list of your installed maps on the home page of the Avenza Maps app.
6. Use our maps through the Avenza Mapa app while in the park and never take a wrong turn again.