50 years | 50 things
Competition terms and conditions
1. The organiser of the competition is the South Australian Department for Environment and Water (DEW) of 81 – 95 Waymouth Street, Adelaide 5000, ABN36702093234 on behalf of the Minister for Environment and Water.
2. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
3. By participating in this competition, entrants agree to abide by competition rules and regulations.
4. The competition entry period commences at 9am on Monday 31 October and ends at 7pm Saturday 31 December 2022. DEW is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries. DEW is not responsible for the accuracy of entrants’ information or personal details.
5. DEW reserves the right to request proof of identity of all winners. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of DEW. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, DEW in its absolute discretion may disqualify the winner.
6. DEW reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant suspected of tampering with the entry process.
7. The competition is open to Australian residents excluding employees of DEW and their immediate families.
8. To participate in the competition entrants must post a photo or video of their favourite parks experience on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #NPWS50years.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected.
10. There is one prize package with a total value of $1,949.50. The package includes:
- An Exurbia voucher valued at $1000.
- A National Parks and Wildlife Service pack that includes:
Two-night stay in Flinders Chase National Park accommodation (valued at up to $500)
12 month multi park pass
Cleland Wildlife Park family pass
Naracoorte Caves family pass
Tantanoola Caves family pass
Seal Bay family pass
Adelaide Gaol family pass
Total NPWS golden ticket value
11. The winner will be drawn at random at 12pm on Monday 9 January, 2022.
12. The winner will be notified via email or direct message on Facebook or Instagram by Friday 13 January, 2022. The winning user name will be published at parks.sa.gov.au/campaigns/npws-50-years.
13. This is a game of chance, the winner will be chosen at random by DEW.
14. The winner will have until 12pm Tuesday 31 January 2022 to accept their prize. Prizes not claimed by this date will be forfeited and passed onto another entrant drawn at random.
15. The Exurbia prize will be awarded as a voucher.
16. If competition prize winners are under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
17. Non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by DEW.
18. Any costs associated with the use of prizes are to be covered by the winner.
19. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of DEW and which prevents DEW from complying with these terms and conditions, DEW will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
20. DEW, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of the competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
21. Facebook, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of the competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
22. DEW may collect personal information about entrants for the purpose of running this competition. Entry details remain the property of DEW. Entrants consent to DEW using personal information provided in connection with this competition for the purposes of conducting the competition, awarding any prizes and possible future national parks promotions.
23. National parks are provided for public enjoyment and shall be only be used in accordance with the National Parks Code of Conduct. Park users must be adequately prepared and obtain relevant information and maps. Parks conditions may vary from time to time and park users are advised to check weather conditions prior to use. Persons should use caution at all times when entering and using any park.
24. By tagging #npws50years on your image/video you give us irrevocable permission to use the image, free of charge, as described below, and you acknowledge and agree that:
- you are the owner of the Instagram account
- you took this picture.
You agree to let the Department for Environment and Water use this image in materials promoting National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia. This may include the National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia Instagram account, Facebook account, on www.parks.sa.gov.au, in print materials and/or digital, outdoor or TV advertisements.