The island is only accessible by boat and you must have a permit. Permits can be obtained by contacting:
Visitor information and bookings:
Troubridge Island Escape
Phone: (+61 8) 8889 2002 or 0422 310 622
Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park - Natural Resource Centre
Phone: (+61 8) 8854 3200
Medical, fire (including bushfire) and police emergency situations
Phone: Triple Zero - 000
Phone: 131 444 for non-urgent police assistance
National Parks and Wildlife Service SA – After-hours duty officer
Phone: 0417 883 678
Within the park
Please contact Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park - Natural Resource Centre on (08) 8854 3200 or the after-hours duty officer on 0417 883 678 (outside of business hours)
Outside of the park
Please contact a local wildlife rescue group
If you find a sick or stranded marine mammal (including whales, seals, sea lions and dolphins), please contact Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park - Natural Resource Centre on (08) 8554 3200 or the after-hours duty officer on 0417 883 678.
Every national park is different, each has its own unique environment, it is important to be responsible while enjoying all the park has to offer.
Please ensure that you:
- leave your pets at home
- do not feed birds or other animals, it promotes aggressive behaviour and an unbalanced ecology
- do not bring generators (except where permitted), chainsaws or firearms into the park
- leave the park as you found it - there are no bins in national parks, please come prepared to take your rubbish with you.
- abide by the road rules (maintain the speed limit)
- respect geological and heritage sites
- do not remove native plants
- are considerate of other park users.
- Important: Collection of firewood within National Parks is prohibited. Dead wood plays a vital role in providing shelter for animals and adding nutrients to the soil.