The crystal clear waters have been slowly filtering through the limestone and forming the Pond’s features over thousands of years. Snorkel across the top of The Chasm and peer down into the dark depths below or dive down into the large underwater cavern known as The Cathedral.
Snorkel permits or dive permits are required for Piccaninnie Ponds and are issued to individuals on an annual or a single basis. Fees apply and bookings are essential.
- Time slots are valid for one hour with a maximum of two dives or snorkel sessions per person per day.
- Diving and snorkelling time slots can coincide but a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 persons per diving or snorkelling group is allowed. A maximum of 8 persons may be present in the ponds during any 1 hour time slot.
- You must be out of the water before your time slot expires.
- Diving permits are only issued to divers who are current financial members of the Cave Divers Association of Australia (CDAA) and rated at sinkhole category.
- Proof of current CDAA membership and categorisation supplied by the CDAA is required.
Bookings for a dive or snorkel permit and timeslot are not available onsite; they must be made prior to arrival.
When booking, we require:
- the names of people who wish to dive or snorkel in a time slot
- preferred dive or snorkel date and time
- the snorkelling indemnity receipt numbers of all snorkellers (Each snorkeller MUST complete their own indemnity form. Those under 18 years of age must have a guardian complete the form on their behalf.)
- the diving indemnity receipt numbers and CDAA membership numbers of all divers.