Rates: All bookings require full payment at the time of booking excludes the Desert Pass renewal. Fees and charges offered on the booking website are correct and applicable at the time of booking.
Online bookings: Bookings can be made up to 12 months in advance.
Contacts. Please contact DEW.OnlineBookings@sa.gov.au or the visitor service centre via email or on Facebook. For Desert park passes please contact email@example.com or (08) 8648 5328 during 9-5 Monday-Friday.
Disclaimer: The information enclosed on this website is accurate at the time of publishing but may at any time be altered. All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that photographs and descriptions provide an accurate impression of the accommodation offered however variations may occur.
Cancellations for confirmed bookings:
Cancellation requested at least five calendar days prior to the arrival date of a booking:
- Eligible for a full refund (less an administrative fee for Desert Park Pass).
Cancellations requested less than five calendar days prior to the arrival date of a booking:
- Not eligible for a refund partial refund or credit (unless a park or campground has been closed by the Department for Environment and Water).
Requests to edit confirmed bookings:
Edit requests require a minimum of one business days’ notice prior to the arrival date of your booking. All edit requests must be submitted via email or by phone. The actioning of edit requests is at the discretion of the Department for Environment and Water. If an edit request results in a reduction of nights stayed the above cancellation policy applies.
Rights for cancelation of confirmed bookings:
The Department for Environment and Water has the right to terminate a confirmed booking if you:
- Breach the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 or National Parks and Wildlife Regulations 2016
- Breach the above stated terms and conditions
- Cause annoyance or nuisance to others; or
- Behave unacceptably (including drunken or uncontrolled behaviour offensive language malicious or negligent use of facilities theft or any other form of behaviour deemed inappropriate by DEW)
Park closure due to fire danger: Parks and/or campsites may be closed or restricted due to fire danger (such as catastrophic fire danger day) or other fire management-related activities. These closures occur with little warning. It is advised that you check weather conditions before you arrive particularly during the Fire Danger Season and check the National Parks and Wildlife Service website www.parks.sa.gov.au or call the CFS Fire Bans Hotline 1300 362 361.
Other park closures: We retain the right to close parks/and or campsites for management purposes or circumstances outside of our control such as and not limited to weather or other emergency reasons where we may be required to take action without notice.
Your privacy rights comply with the guidelines set out in the South Australian Government's Information Privacy Principles.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Your pass is only valid for private vehicles.
2. Your pass is valid for the dates shown on the pass.
3. Your pass must be clearly displayed on the passenger side dashboard whilst in a listed park.
4. If asked by a ranger you must be able to produce identification to verify lawful user.
5. Campsite reservations can be made through the national parks website www.parks.sa.gov.au.
6. A 12 month vehicle and camping for desert parks pass entitles vehicle entry into: Munga-Thirri - Simpson Desert Conservation Park and Regional Reserve Innamincka Regional Reserve Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park Witjira National Park Kati Thanda - Lake Eyre National Park and Tallaringa Conservation Park.
7. Munga-Thirri - Simpson Desert safety flags.
All vehicles excluding motorbikes must be fitted with a safety flag as detailed below when travelling into the Munga-Thirri - Simpson Desert Conservation Park and Regional Reserve
Minimum of 300mm wide by 290mm high and made of fluorescent materials red orange or lime in colour.
With front bull bar - Flag pole attached to the bull bar with the top of the flag a minimum of 3.5m from the ground.
Without front bull bar - Flag pole attached via bracket at the front of the vehicle with the top of the flag a minimum of 3.5m from the ground. Alternatively flag pole attached to the front of the roof rack with the top of the flag a minimum of 2m from the roof of the vehicle.
8. All motorbikes must keep headlights on whilst travelling in the Munga-Thirri - Simpson Desert Conservation Park or Regional Reserve.
9. If you have purchased a South Australian Desert Parks Handbook you will be required to have this with you when visiting a listed desert park. Failure to produce your handbook on request may result in an expiation.
Camping in the Innamincka Town Common Mt Dare and Muloorina station.