Kyeema Conservation Park
Click the button below to view more information.
Kyeema Conservation Park is located on the Fleurieu Peninsula and spans over 347 hectares.
Walking along the trails you will notice an overstorey of mainly messmate stringy bark (Eucalyptus obliqua), with some pink gum (E. fasciculosa) and cup gum (E. cosmophylla), partnered with a thick and diverse under storey.
The peace and tranquillity walking through this densely vegetated area is rejuvenating and the combination provides habitat for animals such as the southern brown bandicoot, swamp rat and western grey kangaroo. With more than 80 species of birds being recorded in the park, including White’s thrush, beautiful firetail and the chestnut-rumped heathwren, it is a haven for birdwatchers. Other species such as superb fairywren, striated thornbill, brown thornbill, white-browed scrubwren, crescent honeyeater, yellow-faced honeyeater and grey shrikethrush are also commonly seen.
Maps on your mobile
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download the free Avenza Map app and have interactive national park maps on hand when you need them.
The app uses your device’s built-in GPS to plot your real-time location within the park onto a map. The app can be used without a network connection and without roaming charges. You can also measure area and distance, plot photos and drop placemark pins.
How to get it working on your device:
1. Download the Avenza Maps app from the app store (iOS/Android) whilst you are still in range (its free!).
2. Open up the app and click the shopping cart icon.
3. Click ‘Find’ and type the name of the national park or reserve you are looking for.
4. Click on the map you are after and install it (all our maps are free).
5. You will now find a list of your installed maps on the home page of the Avenza Maps app.
6. Use our maps through the Avenza Mapa app while in the park and never take a wrong turn again.