Flinders Ranges & Outback
The Flinders Ranges and Outback provides a dramatic departure from the hectic pace of big cities. Once you’re there, you’ll experience things that make home look boring.
Most notably, the region features the majestic natural amphitheatre of Wilpena Pound, a lost world located inside a giant stone crater. Adventurers can go driving into the deep outback and spend time exploring South Australia’s legendary desert tracks.
The stunning parks of the region include Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park, home of Wilpena Pound, the wildly diverse Mount Remarkable National Park, and the oasis of contrasts that is Innamincka Regional Reserve.
Parks in this region:
- Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park
- Innamincka Regional Reserve
- Kanku-Breakaways Conservation Park
- Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre National Park
- Lake Torrens National Park
- Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park
- Mount Brown Conservation Park
- Mount Remarkable National Park
- Munga-Thirri – Simpson Desert National Park
- Nilpena Ediacara National Park
- Tallaringa Conservation Park
- Telowie Gorge Conservation Park (part of Wapma Thura – Southern Flinders Ranges National Park)
- The Dutchmans Stern Conservation Park
- Vulkathunha-Gammon Ranges National Park
- Wabma Kadarbu Mound Springs Conservation Park
- Wirrabara Forest (part of Wapma Thura – Southern Flinders Ranges National Park)
- Witjira National Park