Ewens Ponds dive/snorkelling
Ewens Ponds Conservation Park
A permit is required to snorkel and dive at Ewens Ponds. Permits are issued to individuals on an annual or a single basis (fees apply).
You must purchase a permit and book your dive or snorkel sessions before arriving at the park.
- Time slots are one hour long, with a maximum of two dives or snorkel sessions per person, per day. Bookings are essential.
- If you book two time slots, they may follow each other, but a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 people per diving or snorkelling group is allowed.
- You must be out of the water before your time slot expires.
- All snorkellers and divers must enter at the first pond and exit at the third pond.
- Each snorkeller must wear a full length wet suit, fins, face mask and snorkel. No weight belts to be worn for snorkelling.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Divers must meet the minimum standard of ISO 24801-2 (Autonomous diver) which is equivalent to PADI Open Water Diver, CMAS one star, SSI Open Water Diver or NAUI Scuba Diver.
Bookings for a dive or snorkel permit and timeslot are not available onsite; they must be made prior to arrival.
When booking, we require:
- the names of people who wish to dive or snorkel in a time slot
- preferred dive or snorkel date and time