Brownhill Creek Recreation Park
Trail works are underway along the Wirraparringa walking trail in Brownhill Creek Recreation Park. Diversions may be in place at times. Details
The Brownies downhill mountain bike trail, located on private land adjacent the park has been closed. Details
Click the button below to view more information.
The park’s narrow creek flows through a steep sided valley with majestic river red gums, (some more than 300 years old). This area was once a favourite camping, hunting and gathering ground for the Kaurna Aboriginal People.
Large river red gums line Brownhill Creek while blue gum woodland climbs the valley slopes. The park also supports a small, threatened, ecosystem of greybox grassy woodland.
Today, this 51 hectare park offers an escape from the city and includes a horse trail and fenced horse exercise area.
Maps on your mobile
If you have a smartphone or tablet you can download the free Avenza Map app and have interactive national park maps on hand when you need them.
The app uses your device’s built-in GPS to plot your real-time location within the park onto a map. The app can be used without a network connection and without roaming charges. You can also measure area and distance, plot photos and drop placemark pins.
How to get it working on your device:
1. Download the Avenza Maps app from the app store (iOS/Android) whilst you are still in range (its free!).
2. Open up the app and click the shopping cart icon.
3. Click ‘Find’ and type the name of the national park or reserve you are looking for.
4. Click on the map you are after and install it (all our maps are free).
5. You will now find a list of your installed maps on the home page of the Avenza Maps app.
6. Use our maps through the Avenza Mapa app while in the park and never take a wrong turn again.