Every national park is different, each has its own unique environment, it is important to be responsible while enjoying all the park has to offer.
Please ensure that you:
- leave your pets at home
- do not feed birds or other animals, it promotes aggressive behaviour and an unbalanced ecology
- do not bring generators (except where permitted), chainsaws or firearms into the park
- leave the park as you found it - there are no bins in national parks, please come prepared to take your rubbish with you.
- abide by the road rules (maintain the speed limit)
- respect geological and heritage sites
- do not remove native plants
- are considerate of other park users.
- Important: Collection of firewood within National Parks is prohibited. Dead wood plays a vital role in providing shelter for animals and adding nutrients to the soil.
Please ensure you have acquired the relevant access permission before embarking on your journey.
Visitor information, bookings and park management:
Port Augusta Natural Resources Centre
Phone: (+61 8) 8648 5300
Permission is required to travel through local pastoral stations to access the park.
Leigh Creek to Lyndhurst to Farina Ruins to Andamooka via Mulgaria Station.
Phone: (+61 8) 8675 8313
Medical, fire (including bushfire) and police emergency situations
Phone: Triple Zero - 000
Phone: 131 444 for non-urgent police assistance
National Parks and Wildlife Service SA – After-hours duty officer
Phone:0408 378 284
Within the park
Please contact Port Augusta Natural Resource Centre on (08) 8648 5300 or the after-hours duty officer on 0408 378 284.
Outside of the park
Please contact a local wildlife rescue group.