The crystal clear waters have been slowly filtering through the limestone and forming the Pond’s features over thousands of years. Snorkel across the top of The Chasm and peer down into the dark depths below or dive down into the large underwater cavern known as The Cathedral.
A permit is required to snorkel and dive at Ewens Ponds. Permits are issued to individuals on an annual or a single basis (fees apply).
You must purchase a permit and book your dive or snorkel sessions before arriving at the park.
- Time slots are one hour long, with a maximum of two dives or snorkel sessions per person, per day. Bookings are essential.
- If you book two time slots, they may follow each other, but a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 people per diving or snorkelling group is allowed.
- You must be out of the water before your time slot expires.
- All snorkellers and divers must enter at the first pond and exit at the third pond.
- Each snorkeller must wear a full length wet suit, fins, face mask and snorkel. No weight belts to be worn for snorkelling.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Divers must meet the minimum standard of ISO 24801-2 (Autonomous diver) which is equivalent to PADI Open Water Diver, CMAS one star, SSI Open Water Diver or NAUI Scuba Diver.
Bookings for a dive or snorkel permit and timeslot are not available onsite; they must be made prior to arrival.
When booking, we require:
- the names of people who wish to dive or snorkel in a time slot
- preferred dive or snorkel date and time
- the snorkelling indemnity receipt numbers of all snorkellers (Each snorkeller MUST complete their own indemnity form. Those under 18 years of age must have a guardian complete the form on their behalf.)
- the diving indemnity receipt numbers and CDAA membership numbers of all divers.