Full closure of Murray River National Park, Loch Luna and Moorook Game Reserves and Morgan Conservation Park
Updated: 21 September 2022
Due to overnight rains (20 – 25mm) and with further rain forecast, these Riverland parks have been closed for public safety until Wednesday 28 September:
- Murray River National Park
- Loch Luna, Chowilla and Moorook Game Reserves
- Morgan Conservation Park
With the exception of:
- Chowilla Game Reserve — Lock 6 and Littra entrances will remain open. Most internal roads are already closed due to flooding. Please remain on the built-up road as the clay side roads and access tracks will be slippery and boggy.
- Katarapko — the Katarapko entrance on Katarapko Crescent will remain open. Please keep to the built up roads (Katarapko Way and Craggs Road), and do not attempt to drive on any clay roads or access tracks. A number of roads and tracks within the campground are already closed due to flooding from the high river levels.
- Rangers will continually monitor the situation and may open access to the Parks earlier if conditions improve.
For further information please contact the Berri Regional Office on 85952111 during business hours or email DEW.RMOnlineBookings@sa.gov.au.