Full closure of Murray River National Park
Published: 12 August 2021
Environmental watering at Katarapko is scheduled to occur again this year (3 September - 18 November 2021), with water recently being allocated to undertake this opportunity which assists to maintain the health of long lived vegetation such as red gum, black box and lignum.
Unfortunately this means the closure of some roads, trails and campsites due to flooding, details are as follows:
- Campsites 4 to 14 (may be accessed by canoe/boat)
- Access roads to the above campsites (see attached map)
- Ngak Indau Wetland Trail closed to vehicle access
- Eckert Creek entrance
- Campsites 1 & 2, and the Old Rodeo Grounds Day Visit areas are still accessible via Draper Road (Lock 4 entrance), Berri
- Lock 4 and campsites 15 - 55 only accessible through Katarapko entrance on Katarapko Crescent via Winkie road
- Rodeo and Katarapko trails will remain open, however there will be areas of flooding that may become impassable
Please contact the Berri Regional Office on 8595 211 or email DEW.RMOnlinebookings@sa.gov.au for any queries, or to change or cancel your booking.