Chowilla Game Reserve
Published: 12 May 2023
Chowilla Game Reserve has been opened.
All campsites have reopened with the exception of the following:
- campsites 1, 8, 21, 22, 32, 33 remain closed as access tracks are still too wet.
- campsites 28 and 34 have been closed permanently and are now Day Visit sites only.
- Little Gums campground is closed but a temporary area for camping has been established. Follow the newly graded track around the western side of Little Gums to the new camping area. This allows up to 2 vehicles.
All campsites are open
- The Border Cliffs Customs House Walking Trail remains closed for repairs.
No Booking = No Camping. Please ensure you have a booking prior to arriving at the park. Camping in closed campsites or in areas outside of designated campsites will not be tolerated. This includes accessing any of these closed sites by boat. Penalties apply.
Some access roads, internal tracks and campsites remain closed due to damage from flooding (refer to map). Rangers and Field staff are working tirelessly to reopen these areas as soon as possible.
- bring your own fire wood
- please remain on open roads and tracks only. It is an offence to drive off-track or on closed roads
- please take your rubbish with you
- for park related issues such as unruly behavior by others please call the Duty Ranger on Phone: 0417192 335
ALLVEHICLESBEADVISED — the Wentworth road between Renmark and Lock 6 turnoff is currently in rough condition, particularly when returning to Renmark. Please drive slowly and carefully.
For further information please contact the Berri Regional Office on 8595 2111 or email DEW:RMOnlineBookings@sa.gov.au