Chowilla Game Reserve
Published: 01 December 2023
Chowilla Game Reserve has been partially opened.
- campsites 1 – 20, 23 – 27, 29 – 31, 35 and Little Gums
- campsites 21 – 22 closed until mid-December
- campsites 32 – 33 closed until 8 December
– campsites 28 and 34 have been closed permanently and are now Day Visit sites only.
- All campsites are open
- the Border Cliffs Customs House Walking Trail remains closed for repairs.
No Booking = No Camping. Please ensure you have a booking prior to arriving at the Park. Camping in closed campsites or in areas outside of designated campsites will not be tolerated. This includes accessing any of these closed sites by boat. Penalties apply.
Some access roads, internal tracks and campsites remain closed due to damage from flooding (refer to map). Rangers and Field staff are working tirelessly to reopen these areas as soon as possible.
- bring your own fire wood
- please remain on open roads and tracks only. It is an offence to drive off-track or on closed roads
- please take your rubbish with you
- for park related emergencies or out of hours issues please call the Duty Ranger on phone: 0417 192 335
For further information please contact the Berri Regional Office on 8429 9690 press 1 or email DEW:RMOnlineBookings@sa.gov.au