Multiple road and campground closures in Innamincka Regional Reserve closed due to flood damage
Updated: 26 May 2020
Innamincka Regional Reserve has had two large flood events so far this year resulting in significant damage to tracks and campgrounds. Where tracks are open please observe caution at washouts, creek crossings and where water is ponded on the track. Please remain on tracks at all times.
Current road status:
- Coongie Track – Closed due to flood damage
- Walkers Crossing Public Access Route – Closed until further notice
- 15 Mile Track and Access to Cooper Creek – Closed from Ski Beach turnoff due to flood damage
- Cullyamurra Waterhole – Closed due to flood damage
- Burke’s Grave – Open to 4WD
- Queerbidie - Open to 4WD
- Ski Beach Campground - Open to 4WD
- Old Strzelecki Track (on Innamincka Regional Reserve only) – Closed to through traffic due to flood damage
- Bore Track North – Closed due to flood damage
- Bore Track South – Closed until further notice
For further information about travel in SA's Desert Parks, please refer to the Desert Parks Bulletin.
For information about outback road closures, visit the Department of Planning. Transport and Infrastructure - Outback Road Warnings website.