Frequently asked questions
How do I enter the competition?
- Pick up a limited-edition postcard from noon at the Visitor Center on Waymouth Street, Adelaide. Alternatively, you can download the image on your phone and use it as a postcard.
- Go to that national park, line the postcard up with its real-world landmark and take a photo.
- Share your photo entry on Instagram with hashtag #NationalParksSA or upload it on this website.
Where can I get a postcard?
All postcards are available at the Department for Environment and Water Visitor Centre, 85-91 Waymouth Street, Adelaide. All postcards can also be downloaded and/or printed from the competition website.
Here is a list of additional locations where you can pick up postcards:
- Glenthorne ranger station
- Cleland Wildlife Park information desk
- Adelaide Hills Visitor Information Centre
- Mount Lofty Summit Visitor Information Centre
- Adelaide Hills Visitor Information Centre
- Belair National park office
- Barossa Visitor Centre
- Adelaide Gaol on-site office
- McLaren Vale & Fleurieu Visitor Centre
- Deep Creek Conservation Park office
- Victor Harbor Visitor Information Centre
- Flinders Chase National Park ranger station
- Kangaroo Island Visitor Information Centre
- Seal Bay Conservation Park office
- Mannum Aboriginal Community Association
- Tantanoola Caves park office
- Millicent Visitor Information Centre
- Innes National park Visitor Centre
- Ardrossan Museum & Information Centre
- Southern Yorke Peninsula Visitor Centre
- Yorke Peninsula tourism, Minalton
- Wilpena Pound park office
- Hawker Visitor Information Centre
- Coober Pedy Visitor Information Centre
- Ceduna National Parks office
- Elliston Community Visitor Information Centre
- Ceduna Visitor Information Centre
- Head of Bight Visitor Centre
- Streaky Bay Visitor Centre
What if I can’t get a postcard?
You can use your phone to display the images – download them at www.parks.sa.gov.au/getthefullpicture
When does the competition begin?
Friday, 21 May 2021 at 09:00am (ACST).
When does the competition end?
Sunday, 20 June 2021 at 10:00pm (ACST)
Can I only enter the competition on Instagram?
No, Instagram is only one of the ways to enter the competition.
There are three ways to submit your photo. Upload the new and original photo to:
- Instagram using the hashtag
via an online form; or
- Post to:
Get the full picture promotion
C/- Department for Environment and
85-91 Waymouth Street
Adelaide SA 5000
What could I win?
Minor prize winners will receive camping and heritage accommodation stays.
Major prize winners will be able to choose one of a selection of 20 prizes from licenced commercial tour operators who hold eco-certification from Eco Tourism Australia.
The prizes on offer feature parks and experiences across the state for various group sizes, from a couple to a family or a group of friends. Winners can choose from experiences including shark cage diving tours, outback adventures and boat tours.
Prize values range from approximately $1200 to $6500 and, where required, are inclusive of accommodation and travel costs.
How is the competition drawn?
Random draws will be held for the minor and major prizes.
How many people will win?
The minor prize draw includes 49 prizes.
The major prize draw includes 3 prizes.
How many times can I enter?
You can enter once per location.
For example, you can submit one entry for each location at Belair National Park, Dhilba Guuranda-Innes National Park and Ngaut Ngaut Conservation Park.
However, you can’t submit three entries for Belair National Park.
How will I know if I’ve won?
You will receive a message on social media, email or phone call from the Department for Environment and Water.
If you’re a major prize winner you will need to respond to the social media message, email or phone call; pass on an email address so that we can deliver your prize; and choose one experience from the list of available experiences and tell us your choice by 5:00pm on Monday, June 28, 2021.
Can Department for Environment and Water staff enter the competition?
Are there any entry restrictions?
Entrants must be more than 18 years of age and a resident of South Australia. More competition information is available in the terms and conditions.
Are there any restrictions on the prizes?
Use of the prize is subject to the availability of operators and any other block out dates and restrictions the operator may choose to enforce.
Prizes are non-transferrable.
Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
More competition information is available in the terms and conditions.
Where can I find out more information?
Note: This page will be live when the campaign begins on Monday, 17 May.
How can I provide feedback on the promotion?