Terms and conditions: Autumn Diaries 2020 Competition
1. The organiser of the competition is the South Australian Department for Environment and Water (DEW) of 81-95 Waymouth Street, Adelaide 5000, ABN 36 702 093 234 on behalf of the Minister for Environment and Water.
2. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
3. By participating in this competition, entrants agree to abide by competition rules and regulations.
4. The competition entry period commences at 7:30 am, Thursday 7 May 2020 and ends at 7:30 pm, Monday 8 June 2020. DEW is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries. DEW is not responsible for the accuracy of entrants’ information or personal details.
5. DEW reserves the right to request proof of identity of all winners. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of DEW. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, DEW in its absolute discretion may disqualify the winner.
6. DEW reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant suspected of tampering with the entry process.
7. The competition is open to anyone except employees of DEW and their immediate families.
8. You agree to let DEW use the image(s) in materials promoting National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia (NPWS). This may include the NPWS Instagram account, Facebook account, on www.parks.sa.gov.au, in print materials and/or digital, outdoor or TV advertisements.
9. To participate in the competition, entrants must email a photo(s) of their ‘Autumn Diaries 2020’ journal page(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post a photo(s) underneath an Autumn Diaries post on NPWS Facebook page. Entries must be received by 7:30 pm, Monday 8 June 2020. You can enter as many times as you like.
10. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected.
11. Three winners will receive a Cleland Wildlif Park - Family pass plus a range of books and booklets including:
- ‘Wildlife of greater Adelaide’ by James D. Smith
- ‘It’s blue with five petals’ by Ann Prescott
- ‘Scats, tracks and other traces’ by Barbara Triggs
- Plus a range of DEW publications on South Australia’s plants and animals
Total prize value approx. $250.00 each
12. The winners will be notified via email and Facebook on Friday 12 June 2020.
13. This is a game of chance, the winners will be chosen at random by DEW.
14. Winners will have until 12pm Friday 19 June 2020 to accept their prize. Prizes not claimed by this date will be forfeited and passed onto someone else.
15. If competition prize winners are under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian.
16. Non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. 17. Any costs associated with the use of prizes are to be covered by the winner.
18. The prize pack will be supplied by Australia Post to a nominated address. DEW will take no responsibility for loss or damage during postage.
19. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of DEW and which prevents DEW from complying with these terms and conditions, DEW will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
20. DEW, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of the competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
21. Facebook and Instagram, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of the competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
22. DEW may collect personal information about entrants for the purpose of running this competition. Entry details remain the property of DEW. Entrants consent to DEW using personal information provided in connection with this competition for the purposes of conducting the competition, awarding any prizes and possible future national parks promotions.