Date posted: 21 May 2018
The World Environment Fair will be run on Sat 2 – Sun 3 June, in the lead up to World Environment Day on Tuesday 5 June. It’s the perfect place for families and others to celebrate South Australia’s environmental achievements and learn more about environmental issues and initiatives.
The national park's area will be jam-packed with great activities to help you get out and enjoy our parks. Such as:
- The ‘Green Trail’ - learn about the environment whilst collecting cool freebies along the way.
- Tent building competition - Test your tent building skills for a chance to win your very own camping pack.
- Pat an RSPCA dog - find out which parks you can walk your dog in and how you can ‘Take a Lead’.
- Meet and ranger - collect maps and ask park questions.
- New park activities and facilities - find out about all the new bushwalking and mountain biking trails which are new to parks and discover two brand new campgrounds close to the city.
- Jump on map - sort native animals into regions on our large walk-on map.
- Try an off-road wheelchair - try out our marine parks beach wheelchair or the off-road trail wheelchair and learn which parks have accessible features.
With over 90 stalls there are heaps of other cool things you can see and do at the fair, like playing on the massive indoor nature play space, meeting Ranger Stacey from Totally Wild or listening to Craig Ruecassel, from The Chaser and War on Waste, talk about how to reduce your waste footprint.
More information and to buy tickets